Except for my one big project with Phase 1 of the backyard revamp, which you can read about here, here, and here, I didn't get a whole lot accomplished around the house this year.
So, in 2015, I hope to do a better job. More specifically, I hope to finish a bunch of projects that I started on nearly 2 years ago when I started this blog.
So here's my list of goals
- Finish decluttering and organizing the garage.
- Sadly, the one side of my garage doesn't look much different than it did in June 2012. I will say that in 2013, I actually saw the finish line in site but that was the year of replacing the flooring in over 90% of my house and getting scammed along the way. Which means, that a lot of things got moved into the garage and there they remain.
- So, there's a ton a stuff that needs to be gotten rid of and what remains needs to have some type of organization too it.
- Finish the redo of the office!
- I started on this in 2013 right before getting the flooring replaced. I've still got a pile of boxes from boxing everything up for the flooring redo.
- So once again, declutter and organize.
- This one and the next one are the two biggies for 2015. As much as I would like to get both of them accomplished, right now I'm not even sure that I will managed to get one of them accomplished. but here goes.
- Purchase and install a closet organization system for the Master Closet.
- While, I've downsized my wardrobe over the past two years, the closet still doesn't function very well for me. It's builder's grade wire shelving set up in a builder's configuration.
- Landscaping in front yard.
- Late fall, the water line coming from the meter to the house sprung a major leak and front yard had to be dug up. The leak as been repaired but my front yard remains a mess. Half of it is essentially a mud pit right now. So, I thought when I got that taken care of that it would be a perfect opportunity to get the front yard landscaped.
- There are several shrubs that I would love to replace.
- Finish making the blinds for the front windows.
- Repaint the back door and don window treatments.
- This door is a single french door but the paint is peeling and the windows need some type of treatment for privacy.
- There are a lot more mini projects plus a few big ones that I would also like to get accomplished but don't want to just put a laundry list of items. Some of the these unmentioned projects may even take precedence over the ones that I specifically mentioned but I had to start somewhere and I'm determined that this is going to be the year that I get my house back in order, for the most part.